AKAI MPX16M10XEU - PORTABLE SAMPLER WITH AUDIO RECORDING
The Akai Professional MPX16 is a compact and portable sample player with onboard sound recording. The controller plays and records WAV samples using SD or SDHC cards (sold separately) of up to 32GB for reliable performance in live and studio situations, and samples can be triggered internally from the responsive MPC-style pads, or an external MIDI device via USB-MIDI or DIN-MIDI input. The MPX16 is equally capable of launching clips or adding trigger pads to a producer's studio.
Samples are captured at CD quality via dual 1/4" inputs or the onboard stereo microphone and saved to the SD card. The user may assign audio clips to the pads and apply volume, panning, and reverb, as well as sample tuning, filters, envelopes and "choke" grouping for creative performances. An LCD screen and illuminated trigger pads provide visual feedback during use, and the unit can be powered from USB bus-power or via the included power supply.
Users may load existing sound files onto an SD card or use the MPX16 as an SD card reader for drag-and-drop convenience on a Mac or PC computer. Sample management software is included and available via download.
- Record and play back stereo .WAV samples using an SD or SDHC card (sold separately)
- 16 velocity-sensitive MPC-style backlit pads for sample-triggering and finger drumming
- Sample via 1/4" stereo inputs or onboard stereo microphone
- Filter, tune, envelope, and choke grouping on each pad for dynamic performances
- Pro-quality sampling and playback with up to 16-bit/48 kHz resolution
- MIDI In/Out easily integrates MPX16 into your performance or studio setup
- Acts as a MIDI controller or an SD card reader for loading sounds over USB (selectable on startup)
- Powered over USB or with the included power supply
- Includes MPX File Conversion Utility software (download) for quick conversion and loading of audio files from your computer